Prayer Retreat

Last weekend I had a great privilege to attend our church’s annual prayer retreat at the beach.  The invitation was very last minute but I was so grateful for the opportunity to go for two years in a row.  Probably the greatest part of retreat that I loved was coming once again to the understanding that prayer is the only tool we have when coming to God, asking Him to bless us with wisdom and guidance, both personally and as a church.  There is nothing I can do to make myself or the people around me better.  There is nothing I can do to better myself in ministry or make my life count with my own weak, human efforts.  Coming to God in prayer and pleading with Him to work in me and through me is the only sure guarantee I have, and I know His plans will be accomplished.  One truth that stood out to me during that time was “I will spend the most amount of my time and that which I love”.  The way I spend my time is the evidence of my love.  I pray that this year I spend more time understanding my dependence on God through prayer and eliminate distractions that compete for His place in my heart.

As Peter Deyneka said:
“Much prayer, much power.  Little prayer, little power.  No prayer, no power”.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A time to be grateful

It's Been a Minute

Psalms 37:7