January memories

It seems like January flew right past us.  I love this month because it feels like a clean page, a fresh start to life.

Getting older came upon me like a thief in the night and totally took me by surprise this year!  Being busy with school, work and clinicals this term already consumed a lot of my time and energy and all I was planning to have this year was a small family dinner to celebrate.  Turns out my dear friends had other plans for me.   They took me out to Portland for the day and the idea was to “just catch up and eat cake” at Papa Haydn’s and walk around Pittock Mansion.  Little did I know that the moment I left the house, cooking and party decorations were started at full speed!  

After our day of adventures, Vi hurriedly drop me off in front of my house, refused to come in and said “I have another friend I have to see tonight” and just left me.  Trying to be optimistic while hiding my disappointment, I walked through the front door and was totally taken by surprise, discovering my closest friends inside ready to celebrate my birthday!  

The evening was so heartwarming and better than anything I could’ve imagined, and I know I don’t deserve it.  We shared memories, prayed, sang songs and overall had a great time.  I’m so grateful to God for sending me so many different people in my life and I can look up to each one of them in a special way and be encouraged by their life examples.  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A time to be grateful

It's Been a Minute

Psalms 37:7